Friday, April 28, 2006

Sit on It




So I told you that I gave my notice Monday and my boss took it well but what I didn't expect is that he can't seem to express enough grattitude for my being here for 3 years or maybe it is a plot to lure me back with presents! Since informing him of my plan of escape he has given me acupuncture (told me to come anytime for just $15 a session!), taken me out for a great sushi lunch and given me an antique Spanish colonial chair that I had admired a couple years back at his old home. I should quit more often! This is not a picure of the chair(I couldn't resist the puppy in chair, awww) but it is similar,wider, more like a Spanish colonial directors chair. Sure I tried to say no but he insisted as it was in his garage just hanging from a rafter and he said he wanted to give it to someone who would enjoy it. He aslo told me that he tossed a $4000 painting when he moved out of this home into his rental to avoid paying the capital gains taxes, he threw away the painting because he said he didn't want to deal with it, well you can understand why I am leaving as the man does crazy things like this (and my salary sucks). I would've sold it for him, for a fee of coarse. Regardless, I am loving my chair and now I have to find the perfect place for it and actually get rid of a couple pieces of useless furniture that have been taking up space. I see a yard sale in my future.

Yesterday was such a great day, I might add, not only did I get off early, eat sushi, get a chair, go hike Runyon Canyon, go to happy hour and eat a pound of crab at $7 but I also went to hang for a while with my favorite gals at Stitch n Bitch! I can always count on some great conversation and laughs with this bunch. I so look forward to our weekly gathering and I try hard to never miss a week because it is truly that much fun. You girls rock!

This weekend will be a bit of a juggling act on my part. I have friends from London and Sedona here at the same time so I can't imagine getting much cleaning in at the apartment, oh shucks I will just have to do it next weekend, oh but it looks like I already have plans for next weekend too! (yes I am the queen of procrastination when it comes to chores) I might have to entertain as that is when my cleaning super powers kick in but for now, bring on the fuzz bunnies because I'm a social butterfly and I can fly right over them with ease! Shout out to my peeps, ya'll have a great weekend! OX

1 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'm sorry I missed you. Actually, I am very sorry I missed EVERYONE last nite. :(

Nice chair, tho. And very cute puppy.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home