Monday, March 27, 2006

Strokes and Jokes


I escaped the evil job and met my friend Scott for ½ price wine and appetizers at The Belmont. It was great to finally catch up and laugh with him. We have plans to get together more often. I was especially intrigued with his Perricone diet and the will power it must take to maintain (he dropped 25 pounds and his skin looks amazing) but I don’t think I will be signing up for this one. Crazy as it sounds, I can do the liquid cleansing fast any day but a strict daily regiment involves too much planning and not enough options for me as I am not a huge fan of salmon but I did take away some good tidbits of healthy eating information that I will use. Thanks Scott!
Saturday was a pretty lazy day. I pretty much knit all day until around 5:30 when I was scooped up and along with Ryan, Nora, Lena and Tommy, were on our way to The Strokes concert (behind the Orange Curtain) at the Anaheim Pond. On the way we laughed about celebrity gossip, the inventions on that new show and discussed which chain restaurant we would eat at in Orange County. We arrived at 7:00 and hit the Chili’s next to the arena. Not much to choose from for a non-meat eater so I ended up with a black bean burger and after a couple hefeweitzens to wash it down, we were off to the show.
We skipped the first act but got there just as The Strokes hit the stage. We had different seats as Ryan bought up the cheap tickets on Ebay so I sat on the side but close enough to see the band clearly and they put on a great show. They played all my faves and the highlights:Lena's ladies room celb sightining of Drew Barymore, (dates drummer) the cover of Ramones “Life’s A Gas” and front man Julian smashing his mic stand into the monitor, killing it dead! Now that’s Rock and Roll!
Sunday I was in pain from that crappy Chili’s food so what else would make me feel better but to go have great food at Al Gelato,Yay! I joined the usual suspects and we did a great lunch that pretty much stuck in my gut all day and I skipped eating dinner because I figure I just didn’t require any more food ever. After lunch I managed to ride stow away with Lori and Tristan so that I could watch their east coast feed of The Sopranos while getting those knitting tips from Lori on how to finish my sweater. It won’t be long now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home