Monday, April 10, 2006

Oh No She Didn't


OH Yes I DID! This is it kids, my first sweater! Can i get a hallelujah?! It is a copy of the fabulous Michael Kors sweater that costs a lump of cash but this one only cost a lump of yarn and actually fits and I didn't even block it yet. See, here is proof that anyone can do it. All you need is needles, hands to operate needles (notice my limp hands from all the hard work) and your very own Lori to make a nifty chart out of that garble de gook that is a pattern. Thanks Lori!!
I am now looking through patterns for my next project, maybe a skirt and a cute bustier looking halter? I will be wearing the heck out of this one though but you saw it here first and be sure to click on pic to see the detail. Damn it's cute if I do say so myself. Now back to making squares for Lori for Afghans for Afghans and you can bet some squares will have some elements of this sweater pattern too!

5 Comments:

Blogger Deena said...

Bravo sister, bravo!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

so fab, darcy, so fab. I knew you had it in you!

1:34 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

It looks mahvelous darling! Give yourself a big round of applause! Yay!!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger amy said...

awesome work darcy!!! i always want to make a halter-ish/ apron-esque extravaganza to wear over things in the summer, but never do.... that's my vote for the next project.

8:06 AM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GORgeous. With cables and baubles and gee-gaws. Oh, MY! I think what really sets it off is the *attitude*. "Dayum, I'm good!"

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home