Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend Recap




Fun Fun and More Fun! Friday I took off because it was Good Friday and my boss would've had me work so I took the initiative to escape that hell for a day, okay it's not really hell but more like limbo in a dark cave..Anywho, I made sure it was a Good Friday by meeting up with my Friday happy hour diva, Scott and we were joined by Mai, Chris and Nadia to celebrate Nadia's new job working for a interior design studio. We love The Belmont and had about 5 orders of crab and some grilled prawn cocktails and tuna tartar and some, okay alot of wine. Good Friday indeed. (notice my fabu sweater!)

Saturday was gorgeous and I joined Mai for a patio breakfast of my favorite smoked trout with bagels and all the fixins. Mmmm. Saturday night we were joined by Tony and Greg for Thai takeout at Mai's and then we headed to Create Fixate downtown, and when we finally made it, since Greg thought he could outsmart his GPS system and we almost were going to Long Beach,(yes a new breed of men that don't ask directions but now argue with GPS, haha) we managed to meet up with another of my neighbors, Michael, and were glad he joined us as that would've been his wedding day. (had the tramp he was engaged to not cheated on him and left for another man) So we checked out all the artwork and mixed media and did a couple hours of dancing (great DJ's) and avoiding the "Blue Pants Man" who was a creepy character. I will blog a pic as soon as Tony sends them but he was something like...a middle age+ man wearing a white ruffled shirt, light blue polyester pants (with no underwear, yeah nasty) and a pair of low heel black pumps and a purse all the while cruising the place by himself and trying to rub up against women! Aaaaaah! We ran and dodged and hid but he was definately a trip and probably should be arrested. Other than that the night was great fun and we laughed so much I think I have deepened those smile lines so Sunday I decided not to smile but alas I saw the huge and delish spread (even without eating ham) that Lori had prepared for Easter and as ya'll know food makes me happy especially when shared with great friends. Yes, Spring has started out with so much laughter and goodness that I might have to get more facials and fruit acid products! So now I will have to not smile again (which is much easier at work and while keeping up with the news) until Thursday at Stitch and Bitch!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

WOW! That sweater really photographs beautifully! It looks positively TOP MODEL on you, Darcy!!! Congrads.

Of course, I know where the mistakes are hidden. Hah! Kidding!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Darcy!
What's your e-mail address? You can e-mail me at ellblo@aol.com

Ellen B.

11:34 AM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You and the sweater look fantastic, and you're both having a LOT of fun. :) So cool.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home