Monday, April 10, 2006

Somethin's Fishy




Fridays at The Belmont, yep that is going to be a new song at some point. I met Scott for our hang and I was so excited that they added a couple more appetizers to the already great assortment but I am convinced they had me in mind for the 1 lb of snow crab and at the happy hour price of $7 bucks!!! It came with drawn butter, 1/2 a lemon a cracker, a little fork and moist towelette. They did it right and I might be going this week before we meet again this Friday. Yum!

Saturday I met the ladies for Stitch and Bitch at Farmer's Market for a couple hours and then went home and got some spring cleaning in while I awaited Anna's arrival. She came down from the Big Bear mountain when everyone else was heading up to get in some late season snowboarding and skiing and we went on some errands. We stopped at a friend of hers for a little while and I was in awe of the salt water tank. Not only did it have tons of colorful fish (our favorite was the half purple half yellow fish Anna named the Laker Fish but the fish were for the most part camera shy) but the amount of....well I'm not even sure what to call them all. Animal or vegetable? They are living and feeding on little bits in the water and reproduce but they don't have eyes or brains etc...or do they?! At any rate, a truly impressive tank and the fish must enjoy looking out over the San Fernando Valley all day too.

So later we went to my house and picked up snacks and laundry (hello, house with good washer and dryer) and went to house sit, in the garden, with wine. Another Big Bear friend of Anna's came over and we had more snacks and wine and it was such a relaxing evening that when we went inside to watch the Ab Fab marathon my sis gave me, well I got through one more episode than Anna who was sawing logs after one. Good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Oh my god, can I come with you to this magical place with the $7 snow crab? God, I love snow crab legs--and even Red Lobster charges you $14.95!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home