Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Rumplestiltskin Awakes!


Actually this is Christopher Robin, named many years back by the first mechanic to get Chris up and running smoothly. It is a 1979 MGB roadster made in England and I have had it for almost 20 years. This little convertible has moved to Arizona and back and really has been a great car. No really! I paid about $1,100 back then and after all these years I have maybe spent $3,000 in repairs and now I just had a major brake repair to get him back on the road so that would bring it up to $3,600 (We won't count my stupidity for not filing as non operational with DMV so alas I get to pay $500 instead of $200 to re-register Ouch!) but I am still way ahead of all those who purchase new cars or are still making payments on older models. I love my car and even though I am not allowed all the sunshine on my skin (I do have a hard and a "bikini" top too) I will probably never get rid of it.
You might ask why I haven't repaired Chris sooner, well I have been taking Metro and if I really needed a car to go out of town or do a floral design job, I would rent and write it off. I take the short bus to work that is 10 minutes from my door to office versus trying to find street parking as my office only has parking for patients (yeah lame) so by the time I drove and parked it would be around 20 minutes at least, that is 10+ minutes less sleep!
Though I am not looking forward to paying for gas, parking, insurance and the stupidity of those who think their cell phone call is more important than driving safe but I will again enjoy not planning my day around the bus schedule and all the wackos that go with it. I can easily park in compact spots and go anywhere on a whim and if I feel like just driving nowhere in particular, that is where Christopher Robin will take me. (Um, that is, when my garage door is finished being repaired so I can get it out! Yeah, my life makes me laugh till I cry too)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

ooh,ooh please take me for a spin around town--I love that car! I'm a sucker for little English cars!

7:58 PM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Absolutely! After all it is taxi cab yellow, well it was until the AZ sun fried the paint to dull speed bump.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home