Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunny Side Up

Yeah, it's a scorcher alright and with no relief in sight. I got a call from Natalie this morning from her landline as her cell went to work with her hubby to get charged because her power has been out since Saturday!! As I write this I am wondering if it is back on by now? She said her 90 pound dog also went to work because he hadn't stopped panting and when we spoke she was about to call a cab to a friend's place with air because her car was trapped in the garage, so not good. I guess it could be worse, like if we were in the super humid south. Lori pointed out that there were some places around Universal City that had no power but of course Universal was all lit up, I guess they are a higher priority...lame. Natalie aka Pioneer woman, I hope you are back in your home in air conditioned bliss and I will be right over!
I really feel for the little critters. My cats just lay around all day, nothing new but now they just look at me like, help...I brush the hell out of their fur coats and could stuff a couch with all the fur but they continue to shed. You would think we had lived in Antarctica over the winter!
I actually went to the valley (on purpose) Friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. I was dog sitting for a friend as they went to Disneyland for the weekend. (replace happiest with sweatiest place on Earth) I basically stayed in their air conditioned apartment, swam and took the dog out for quick walks just as he was starting to cross his little legs. It was so gross out and I could see the lightning that was going on over the hill but no rain or storm made it to Sherman Oaks. I pretty much felt like Arizona in monsoon season and I was again so glad that I moved back to LA 9 years ago. By the time I made it home my place had power but was super hot so I took a shower and headed to the Hollywood Bowl for the Flaming Lips concert, meeting up with Mark, Michele, Tristan and Lori. Now I love the Hollywood Bowl and I love that it cools off at night and I have to bring a sweater to put on by the night's end but last night was sweater free and sticky, so disappointing. If we weren't having so much fun with our fellow concert goers it would've sucked. Both opening bands were fun and we were so excited that there were free glow necklaces and by the time the Lips went on we had gotten about a 1/4 mile chain connected that stretched about 6 sections. It was like hands across Americal or something! Well maybe not but the show was being filmed for a DVD and there were all kinds of big balls bouncing all over the crowd and confetti flying and onstage were a bunch of Santas and Aliens and chicks that were topless but had their boobs painted, so crazy. It was hysterical when head Flaming Lip, Wayne told everyone to toss those glowrings and around 18,000 people tossed them all at the stage! He remarked that he thought there were only a few hundred out there, haha that must have been a surprise! We started to head out before the masses and stopped as the band broke into War Pigs by Sabbath and on the big screens flashed pictures of Bush and Cheney and bloody carnage. The crowd went wild! Great job guys but next time would you do something about the heat or maybe pass out popsicles too!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

You are such a rocker chick! The H. Bowl sounds like fun.

Ugh! We're going crazy from this heat too! I didn't realize that Natalie and Joe didn't have power! Double Ugh! We do have power, but no a/c!

Knit and Rock on!

11:36 AM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

"head flaming lip". Now that's a title ya don't see every day!

I shave my cat (and dog) every summer; mostly because I think it's funny, but this summer, I think he may actually have needed it. They still shed, but at least the fur is shorter...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hi !!! How are you doing?
We have new meeting coming come next Sat 12, 7:00PM.
I talk to lot of knitter today about the new knitting group meeting on Aug12. I talk to Laurie from http://www.crazyauntpurl.com she is gonna be here! also Chris from "sko_G knits 'n stuff" Around six people sign up!!

I made a mistaken on meeting day...It is Next Saturday 12th 7;00PM...I know there is S&B meet 12:00AM that day!!! But we are meeting 7:00PM We can eat, talk , eat drink and knit/crochet!!!

I sending emailing to other knitter to come!! IF do you know other knitter, let them know we have meeting!!!!!! Visit my blog more info~~~~Bye

Visit my blog more info abou the meeting http://charleslifeknitting.blogspot.com/ map and other!!!!!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger tk said...

i had no clue you had a blog... lol! i need to start paying attention!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

OK...Time to update the blog, Miss Darcy!

Hugs!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home