Saturday, June 17, 2006

Long Time No Blog


What a couple weeks I have had. I was house and turtle sitting (picture of Flash Gordon, the female turtle) up in Beachwood Canyon for a couple weeks and that was nice except for the one day I used the car offered to go to work a day in West Hollywood at the floral design studio and when I went to go home the alarm kept going off for no reason (and 2000 VW Passat has no kill switch, yeah) and long story short, I had to pay $85 to have it towed to my house and it sat there for 3 days and then decided work! Great, I worked for free, took the bus to the dealer to check out the keys for nothing and then when I told the owner the day before he came home, he said it has happened to him too and the dealer doesn't know why. Booooo I'm hoping when I see him tonight for a Birthday party, he will be reimbursing me because I am still looking for a gig and it is getting scary as the bills come in. I also had my cell phone fry for no reason and that was 4 days of waiting for a new one in the mail and then it didn't work and then I took it to the Cingular store and it was just the sim card, great. You would think they would've suggested that first. Duh. Oh, and the farting, burping, loud talking (mostly complaining), even louder TV watching, unevolved roommated told me he was going to move out at the end of this month. Thanks for the advance notice but then that would've been considerate and as you can see not a trait he possesed. Good riddance loser. I also took a spill on hollywood as I was walking and reading the star of Tallulah Bankhead and am still sporting a nice bruised knee! Not my month I guess. On the roommate sitch, I have sent out the word to get a friend or friend of a friend and have one so I will meet her this weekend so wish me luck so it appears the dark cloud has lifted so I expect to get a good job this week too....I should play the lottery!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deena said...

Ouchie! Good luck on the job search sister! I have a feeling this will be a much better week but I wouldn't jump the gun on the lottery thing just yet. Better to save that ramen money just in case.... :o)

5:57 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yikes, Darcy!!! Now, the only way you can go is up!! The roommate sitch WILL work out. Something jobwise will probably turn up this week or next. I know it's cliche', but if you keep smiling, good things will happen. Ellen, the voice of reason, has spoken. Just remember, you already have a wig for the WeHo SnB Wig Night, so you are well ahead of the game!

10:59 AM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

My jaw dropped at the sight of that knee!! And then you took FOR EVAH to say what happened - I was like, the VW did it!! The turtle did it!! Well, good thing the roommate didn't do it.

The tide has turned, good things are coming your way.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home