Monday, July 17, 2006

Rockstar popsicles


After a week of dealing with losing my cell phone and having to find all the numbers to re-input, and the sleep deprivation from job hunting stress and the icky heatwave, I went across the street to CBS to see the taping for Rockstar Supernova with Mai. We had the VIP treatment, which means all the free snacks and drinks (no alcohol) and we didn't have to stand in the heat in line but rather sat in the sub-zero sound stage. The seats were behind the band but facing the contestants and the guys goofed around between takes so we got to see them up close and personal, not like the picture of me and Tommy Lee from way back but close enough to laugh at his funny faces and the guys joking off camera. The contestants all sounded pretty good and I am convinced that the winner will be Dilana but I really like Lukas and Magni too. The house band is great and for the most part all the songs the contestants chose were good. Brooke Burke is about the worst part of the show as she is so boring but she is pretty so there you have it. The 3 hour taping will be condensed down to the one hour show so check it out tomorrow night at 9:00.
Friday I went downtown with Natalie and Carla for most of the day. We started at the flower market followed by a great lunch at the Grand Central Market (love this place and has been around since 1917) and ended up at Michael Levine's for sewing/yarn stuff. We ended the day over Natalie's for some flower arranging and snacks and Natalie prepared "Santino Slings" for us as we watched the new Project Runway on Tivo and did some knitting. If I had a job, I could do this more often...maybe not on Friday but more often. I better go send out some more resumes. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oooo...who knew you were so intimate with Tommy Lee? Close enough to actually see his tatoos? Shall we watch for you in the audience when we see the show?

I'm so "J" that you got to go on a field trip with Natalie and Carla!!! Sounds like fun!!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

He has way more tatts than he did back then. We were behind all the action so no audience shots or free tees that they were throwing out into the masses, booo.

We have to do another field trip for a Saturday or have everyone call out sick!

4:31 PM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I haven't seen the show, but I love me some Tommy. I met him one night (a few years back) at Pearl. He's so fine. MrrrrROW!

Santini Slings sound yummy. I have no idea what's involved, but still...

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home