Friday, May 26, 2006

Flounder, tastes like chicken

So, hi there! Two great laughs (as always) at Stitch n Bitches later and I am still trying to conquer the computer meltdown. Yeah, at this point, it is a negative but looking up. ;)
In my attempt to just post (spam) my resume at my fingertips while uploading things for sale etc.. and utilizing my neighborhood resources (free internet) , I have managed to tour the library system of Los Angeles county, including Fairfax, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills branches. (I am still a fan of Downtown as it is by far the loveliest and with so many places to eat within walking distance)
Back to the resume dilemma at present, it is still not on the internet but in my library travels I have: 1) tried to use memory stick but Fairfax could only accept floppy, hello 2006, floppy! (trip one) 2)Returned with floppy purchased at library for $1.50 but the library won't allow you to use the word processor and switch to the internet or load as an attachment , should've stopped at floppy! (trip) 3) One library only allowed 10 minutes per connection (Bev. Hills). (trip 3, I'm going to the beach! S.M. library is a very bright and airy library but I would suggest more air circulation in a large space with many folks on machines, yeah, summer coming pe-eew) I also tried to upload the elusive document and send from my roommate's computer but couldn't open, different program! Aaargh, oh well what are you gonna do? I guess you have to give me an A for effort and if you have any Ramen in about a week, I'll have a donation box at Stitch n Bitch. heh Everyone have a safe, fun weekend and wear sunscreen to all those bar-b-ques!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Darcy Doll!
Where are you trying to upload your resume? Let me know. I have tons of time and a great PC at my office. I'll upload it for you, just give me the address!

4:22 PM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Thanks Ellen, I appreciate that and finally have it sorted out and by the grace of the lord, Buddah, Alla,Isis,etc..my computer will again be up and running by Tuesday morning or it is out the window!You're the best and I hope you are having a great weekend ;)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home