Friday, March 10, 2006

Obvious and not so obvious beauty



These lovely roses were a gift from a patient that had attended a fund raiser and took them home but decided to bring them for us to enjoy since they were going out of town and couldn’t enjoy their beauty. How thoughtful! People can be so kind.
I also thought this picture was beautiful, so it’s a newly discovered species of bug from Borneo but beautiful nonetheless, (as long as it isn't trying to steal my sandwich) more than I can say for the giant cockroach also discovered. (funny how a “pretty” bug doesn’t bother me) Let’s see how long these creatures can survive in a shrinking rainforest….This reminds me of a line in a song my parents had on eight track a million years ago, “I don’t like spiders and snakes and that ain’t what it takes to love me, like I wanna be loved by you” and yes I must agree, please leave the creepy crawly critters to their happy habitat and bring on the flowers (and don’t forget the chocolates) anytime! Enjoy the weekend and don't let a little rain bug you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

that bug looks like two sections of a blood orange that you haven't torn apart yet--except for the antennae and legs

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home