Monday, March 06, 2006

GOT GETTY?



I had invited Lori to The Getty Villa and how great was it that the sun came out on Saturday just for us! The view was spectacular and I was so happy to revisit one of my 4 favorite museums. (#1 is the Ufitzi in Florence and #2 Louvre in Paris and #3 Van Gogh in Amsterdam) J.Paul Getty had the museum built to re-create a first-century Roman country house and I have been waiting 9 long years
to return to The Villa. (Restoration started 1997)
They have done a great job and have built so much more on the 64 acre site, like an amphitheater and cafe.
The collection at the GettyVilla has many artifacts dating back to 600 BC!!! We managed to see the whole collection at an easy pace and I was surprised that there weren't tons of people but was definately not complaining!
Lori and I ended our day at the cafe for some pizza bianca and a cocktail as we looked out over the ocean and pondered the history of past civilizations and what they would wear to the Oscars or if the coats of the now extinct creatures they tended would be more like wool or baby alpaka? I know, we are not well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home