Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Weekend Recap


My Saturday was spent taking a field trip to Burbank to the Fry’s to buy a CD-rw drive for my computer since my read only cd drive decided to never close. It took eons for James and me to get to the place but we both managed to find what we needed. (he purchased an external hard drive)
By the time we got home, it was time to get ready to go to Mai’s Birthday dinner at Pastis on Beverly. They had a new chef and there would be 11 for a prix fixe menu. The food was tasty. I had the tuna tartar appetizer, skate fish for my entrée’ and the chocolate mousse for desert. All very tasty. We also enjoyed the free sangria. James had the same
dinner as I did, minus the sangria.
The other diners who had pork chops said they were a bit tough and the frisse salad was so-so and the lavender crème brule was too heavy on the lavender so I guess my choices were good. We were all planning on maybe going back to Mai’s to watch a movie when we all started getting a tummy ache, all of us who had the free sangria! And to add insult to injury, we all got to split the bill equally and ended up paying for those who had ordered wine and didn’t get ill. I find that this is always the case in this town but what are you gonna do? It was for Mai and she enjoyed herself. (until the sangria hit)