Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Sunday, James did the yard sale thing again. I felt crappy so I skipped it and installed my CD-rw in my tower instead. I was feeling all computer geek like and proud that I didn't kill the computer in the process. ( it is actually too simple to install.) I then connected the power, etc. and fired it up anxious to try out a cd and then burn some picture to another.
No dice! The thing made some odd noises and nothing happened. The door stayed closed.
WTF! I tried a couple times and then went for the paper clip in the hole and that didn't work either so I opened the tower again (yes, with power off) and opened the face of the cd and lo and behold, the cheap plastic gear that opens the door was just sitting there unattached and upon further inspection had been snapped off at the impossibly tiny point that should fit into the mechanism that makes it turn because the little rubber band was apparently too taut for such a cheap piece of plastic. You've got to be kidding me! I wasted my Saturday afternoon schlepping to Burbank as that is the closest Fry's and the only thing to get my computer back in business is a piece of crap! I loathe the fact that I have to make the pilgrimage back to Burbank to return the thing but I tell you, I am going to the Comp USA down the street to get a CD-rw /DVD combo for a few bucks more and this one better work or I am gonna have to cut someone!!!
Sunday night was spent doing my favorite thing, eating and chatting with friends. Lori and I went to meet Michele at McCormick's at the end of her shift and we walked over to Tim's restaurant, Prego. We had a couple glasses of wine, a salad and a couple pizzas. Tim took care of us, what a nice guy. We headed over to the $15 clothes store (in Bev. Hills!) and I managed to find a cute jacket and Lori bought a top. We went with Michele to check out an apartment but the manager didn't show and it looked exactly like the place she is moving from so we left. I hope M&M find an apartment in the hood cuz I would miss going to stitch n bitch with Michele or just walking over to hang out and do snacks and Tivo.




Posted by Picasa