Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The green ones are people


Last night I was watching KCET and they were showing Utah's state parks. I have been to Bryce Canyon, Zion & Monument Valley and I think Utah is a gorgeous state, Salt Lake City not so much. We used to go fishing and motorcycle riding at Panguich Lake every year. It was also a place where I experienced salamanders falling from the sky, man eating ladybugs and what had to be, ufo's. (cuz there was nothing that could fly like that) I chalk all of it up to the atomic bomb testing that went on above ground in Nevada and the wind that carried the radiation next door.
As I was watching the program with the lovely classical music they had playing along as they showed a field of wild flowers, I had a flash of one of my favorite Charlton Heston movies, Soylent Green. It was the scene where his buddy was going to die and was watching a movie with scenes of the beautiful past that once existed before the world was overpopulated while he slipped away only to be sent to the bakery to be made into delicious crackers to feed the masses. Great movie along with others of Chucks like Omega Man and of course Planet of The Apes. I once saw Roddy McDowell at a plant nursery, actually I heard him and knew that voice could only be him, it was and as most actors are, he was short. I also saw Morgan Fairchild at the same nursery but I digress. If I think about it I can say that I love most of Charlton's work. I still enjoy watching Ben Hur, Moses and any other epic he stars in. Too bad he is an NRA kook. Anyway, just thought I would share that and you are probably wondering why I have dog biscuits in my office. I have them for the dogs that come to the office next door every day. Yeah, that's it. Not that I would ever eat one. After all, I still have ONE DAY left of my cleansing diet! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home