Friday, February 24, 2006



How wild is this mural? I pass it on the way to Michele and Mark's soon to be ex-apartment. That is some great work. I remember painting a mural in 5th grade. Our school was behind a shopping center and we got to paint the back side that faced the school's field. The artwork was in no way as colorful or ornate as this one but it was fun to paint with my friends anyway. I remember being so excited as I painted my name in the corner with all who helped paint and thinking that my name would appear on the building forever.....forever lasted about 5 years and then they tore down the place to rebuild a bigger better mall. Now the poor mall is barely making it in an age of megamalls and I bet they tear it down one day and rebuild some awful Walmart or worse...is there worse? That's progress my friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

That mural is fantabulous! Where is it? I don't think I've ever seen it...it's in LA?

Ellen B.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Deena said...

I think it's creepy.

6:28 AM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

One block south of Melrose on Spaulding or is it Genesse..I'd be a bad tourguide! LOL

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home