Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Going to the Dogs





Sunday we went for a hike up Runyon Canyon with all kinds of people and pooches with the same idea. The view was gorgeous, crystal clear all the way to Long Beach and Catalina and the special added bonus that the rain had washed the canyon so we didn’t have to breathe the dog poo stench that usually permeates the air. (especially when it’s hot out. bleech!) The rest of the day we hit some yarn stores and then El Coyote for a late lunch and a margarita. (FYI, March 13 is El Coyote’s 75th anniversary and they will have a couple combo plates for 75 cents!! More for margaritas! gotta go) Monday we went to Norms (another really old 24 hour diner) for breakfast and Danette headed back to Vegas.
No sooner did Danette drive away when my neighbor called and I went with her back to Boule! (she wanted the macarons, I swear) and then we went to this great Vietnamese restaurant called Absolutely Phobulous a couple steps down the street on La Cienega. I had the green papaya salad with shrimp and it was amazing. (I guess the waffle and eggs at Norms wasn’t enough..hey I hiked Sunday..) Mai had a bowl with rice noodles and pork and it looked de-lish as well and best part, cheap eats! Will go back soon.
We went home and sat in back yard enjoying the warm sun and chatting. My other neighbor came over to bring some truffles that his wife makes and I had to try one. (don’t want to be rude, hehe) Melt in my mouth yummy, I love my neighbors!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deena said...

Cool doggie pix! Let's see...sheepdog, bulldog and poodle, right? Oh wait, that's not a poodle, that's Danette! LOL!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

El Coyote is my fave place in L.A. My parents used to go there on dates in the 1940's!!! Larry and I had our first date there. I celebrated a VERY IMPORTANT b-day there a few years ago. The chile rellenos are faboo, to say nothing about those incredible margaritas!!!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home