Thursday, June 30, 2005


The Van Halens
Yep, that is when we were happy. Buddy and I loved Eddie and nobody knew about our secret marriage to him AND I was really that thin.. But Eddie broke our hearts and went back to Valerie, something about a baby boy Wolfie, blah blah blah.. but I will always have memories of first playing Van Halen (my cousin Mike steered me to the rock n roll path and off that disco road, thanks Mike!) in my Grandmother's basement on one of those old portable record players. That was one of the last summers that I would escape the heat of Vegas for the school break and spend time in that great old house up top of Tujunga with a view across the entire valley (I doubt you can see past Sunland now) and a great garden (meticulously maintained by Gramps) and the 40degree angle lawn, perfect for summersaults and cartwheels. Yep, good times. Who would've thunk that my future in LA would expose me to the good the bad and the ugly but then I guess Van Halen never thought they would have Sammy as front man! (tsk tsk) And the beat goes on.
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Deena said...

At least you can say you had him before he morphed into the henious creature you see today - OOFA!!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

No joke and DLR is a paramedic. crazy world.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home