Thursday, June 16, 2005


Mandy Graduates!!
Today my Niece will be turning her tassel for all to see, all except me. I will not be at the ceremony but will arrive for the weekend of keg parties, wooo hooo! Sorry, that was a flashback to my graduation.
Amanda is thankfully more the scholar than I was. Her school is a college and high school in one so she will be heading off to college in August with a nice start on her credits. Mandy also is in the National Honor Society so she gets to wear a snazzy pin on her gown today. All A's, imagine that. This is a kid, excuse me young woman, who reads books like I clean up fuzz bunnies. A couple years back she said that she had just finished a Che Guevara biography, and I had just started the latest Anne Rice, yeah....
Mandy has been involved in the Food Not Bombs program, had started a book club, is a vegetarian who loves to camp, hike and bike. She loves music, (has been known to play some bass and sing) her family (especially her favorite aunt!) and kitties and will be heading off to NAU in Flagstaff, Arizona to strive towards an environmental science degree with a minor in womens studies, unless she changes her path.
I am VERY PROUD!
That being said, she is a brilliant mind and has so much potential. I for one, can only hope that the future of our country is in the hands of a generation with as much intelligence, guts and heart as Mandy possesses.
Go get 'em kid Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home