Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Back with a vengance!!







TaDah!! Yes folks, it is I and it has been soooooo long (November 2006!) and so much has happened. I have moved to Burbank...okay maybe not so much has happened. haha Actually I only stopped blogging due to the fact that apparently my last camera was tired of taking photos. (last time I buy the floor model) Now I have a new camera, thanks to the check from my pops for my birthday, yeah who needed child support or a college education when you can get a shiny new camera! I really love taking pictures so I am going to document my every move. Now you will be sorry my crafty friends who have been reminding me of my blogligation to share the nuttiness that is my life filled with great friends, great times and occasionally crafts! Oh and don't forget all the food, mmmm.
So here is the first of many photos that was taken at Descanso Gardens in La Canada. This was truly a great shared birthday celebration with Maryjo. Our crafty friends Ellen, Natalie, Carla, Lori and Brit spoiled us with beautiful hand crafted gifts and lunch at Joselito's in Montrose. (which is about 5 minutes from away from Descanso Gardens) I have many memories of this part of town from childhood to my move to LA and even a job working at a dress shop in Montrose. My grandparents lived in Tujunga so I have spent time at Descanso Gardens as a wee child. I remember feeding the squirrels and then I remember the signs going up to stop feeding the squirrels which leads me to believe that some fingers were munched. On this visit I noticed there was not one squirrel to be seen...hmm...anyway it was a perfect day to spend in the garden with friends. Thank you ladies, you warm my heart. (please click to their sites to see more great photos of flowers and presents!) Here is what I captured, though I cannot explain how intoxicating the fragrant flowers were, especially the wisteria and my all time favorite lilacs. You will have to visit Descanso now if you want to smell the lilacs before they are all gone. mmmmmmmmm

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yippee!!!! You're back! Great photo of you at Descanso! It was a fun day.

5:28 PM  
Blogger carlita dee said...

Wow! I will write this down!

I'm lovin' the pics. I'll be back to read the entry tomorrow.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Yay Darcy is back! I will be back tomorrow too. The pressure is on!
Love the pics!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home