Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby Cakes!




I am one of those crafters who needs a muse to create and though I really try to find projects that I will actually finish, I often start a project and just plain get bored. I am American and want instant gratification damn it! I know this is not the way of the fiber artist so my new approach is to bounce from one craft project to the next until I finish every last one of the 50 or so that are lying around saying "pick me, pick me"! I was just about to begin a Google search for Crafters Anonymous.....until I found a craft I really could sink my teeth into this time!
It was a magical evening at Urban Craft Center. That is when I first grabbed a wad of fiber and a little sharp needle and stabbed the hell out of it until voila! a cupcake was born and I was hooked. So this is felting?! I had no idea that such a thing existed. As a kid I had only used the sheets of felt that I would cut into shapes and usually glue them to something like a card or my little sister. ;) I was amazed when at Natalie's Birthday party we were all given pieces of foam and sharp needles and set loose on the unsuspecting fuzz that would be almost instantly transformed into cupcakes, animals, and basically anything one could envision. This is my new love and I will do it until I finish every project I start! Oh yes, and to my friends I say, move that scarf or 10 that I knit for you over because you will need all that space for some felt food /cat toys /Ipod cozies and flowers, many, many flowers. You can bet I will be stocking up on Bandaids too so hand momma some fresh felt because this party is just getting started!!!! Wooooo hooooooo

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Those teensy, tiny cupcakes are adorable!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Your mini cupcakes are super cute. They look good enough to eat but would probably cause a hairball*ack*like attack.

5:13 PM  
Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Thanks and now I have to make some other objects that aren't food...nah I am/felt what I eat!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home