Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Day by Day

Another year, another set of ambitions and hopes of becomming a better human being
even if it is impossible to volunteer time to the needy. I kid you not, I have been trying
and aparently there is no need for volunteers in Los Angeles! "What we really need is
donations" and they don't accept clothing or shoes ect. only cash. Um, if I was Bill Gates
I wouldn't be going to VOLUNTEER websites now would I! I am shocked to find that there
are others who have run into the same response. I guess I will just do what I can and seek
out those that do accept "other" donations.
As far as that yearly resolution that millions of Americans make of getting in shape and
losing a few pounds, I don't make this one. I have already paid off 3 gym memberships that
I didn't use! I will stick to eating smaller portions and drinking tons of H2O and as Dr. Weil
recommended, learn how to breath, most people don't get enough air and it's FREE!!!
I came accross this little prayer on another blog:
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord My shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles,Please no bags
And please lift my butt Before it sags.
Please no age spots Please no gray
And as for my belly,Please take it away.
Please keep me healthyPlease keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord,For all that you've done.

And this would be my response:

And as I pour a glass of wine,
I've earned these wrinkles
and they are mine
and please don't speak of bags and sags
my jeans all stretch, of that I'm glad
A magic potion will hide my gray
as for my belly
sweaters and coats is what I say
If there is one thing that keeps me
young, it's laughing out loud
and having fun
I prescribe to this to this to keep my health
it's what counts and nothing else!

I hope this made you SMILE! Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Great poems Darcy! I think yours is a little more realistic. Don't they say God helps those who help themselves?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home