Wednesday, January 04, 2006

This is only a test


I know what you are thinking, "finally a picture of something that you have knit" but that was almost not the case as history was almost repeted for the uh, 5th time and you would've had to creatively visualize the cute ensemble in your head.
Some folks have a hard time hanging onto or breaking sunglasses, some lose earrings...okay I do both but that is not what this story is about.
I have been dubbed the camera killer. No, I'm not proud of it and for the record, one camera was kidnapped at LAX. (I still hate you evil luggage screener! Those were good pics.)
For some reason, no matter how carefull I am, I tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to my little picture taking companions and last night was no exception. I won't go into every explanation but let me just give one example. Camera #2: Killed on a trip to Mexico. (I didn't know there was a blowhole right in front of me!)
So about last night, I had camera in purse, purse fell over and was open, I grabbed handle to upright purse, camera went flying, hit pavement, guts fell out. (just the batteries but that's like the guts) I gazed in horror and jumped to pick up parts before a car really killed the little guy. Whew! I put back guts and got nothing. My first reaction was Waaaaaaaa but I went upstairs and put in new batteries and pet the camera ever so gently whilst promising to never let anything bad happen ever again. Lo and behold, the digital gods smiled upon me and the life was breathed back into my soul stealing companion and now I will have many happy years of smiles to document with Mr. Kodak for all to see. Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deena said...

I just love happy endings!! *sniff*

7:06 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The scarf and hat look great, Darcy! Love those cables!!!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home