Monday, January 02, 2006

NY Lisa and LA Rodney




Lisa came into town the week before Christmas for a couple days so I met up with her for dinner at Chao Krung. We love our Thai food! I was glad to get to see her as I had just canceled my trip to New York for the holidays. It was too cold for me! If I am going to freeze my ass off it will be on a pair of skis going down a mountain to the lodge for a hot toddy. I’ll have a hot apple pie please with whipped cream! It worked out well for her as I was going to spend some of my time at her place but her family decided to all meet for the holidays even though she was against it, as she said, “we have done this and we never enjoy it.” I hope this time she had more fun. We went over to Canters for a coffee and I got to snap a picture of the Mayor of The Sunset Strip himself, Rodney Bingenheimer! I can’t tell you how many times I have seen Rodney in all my years in this city and how much I loved the documentary of his life. He is such a fragile and quiet man but he will always be remembered as an important part of the music scene that he helped create. You can still hear Rodney on KROQ Sunday nights 12am till 3am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ooooh...Rodney. I see him around town too. We go to Canter's all the time, except now, instead of going at 2am, we're usually there around 10am!!! Times change.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home