Thursday, August 04, 2005

911 Angela


Angela is our Australian nurse friend. She is hard to catch up with but we happened to run into her at Coffee Bean yesterday. She works at UCLA in the ICU 6 days a week and is often reviving flatline patients and dealing with emotionally crazy family members and don't get her started on some of the doctors! I often think that I don't know how she does it. I would hope that if anything happened to me or those I care about, Angela would be in charge of taking care of us all. She is a wonder and often is a step ahead of the doctors as they have all suggested she go back to school to become a doctor. She says no way. The stories she tells of the ICU often leave me in awe or saddened that modern medicine sometimes just isn't enough. Kudos Angela, you are a great nurse and a great friend.
Let me just add that Angela has lost 40lbs in the last year. She made up her mind to work out on her one day off and to change her eating habits and stuck with it AND bought a condo and is remodeling it! How does one get that kind of energy? You go girl! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home