Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Purple Orchid Licker


I admit it, I tasted the little dew drops and they taste like honey, no joke! I had to do it and luckily didn't die but this amazing Dendrobium specimen finally, after 3 years of pampering and hoping that I wouldn't kill it, did produce the first of hopefully many more spikes with the sweetest flowers in the universe. I loves me some orchids and have had the pleasure of raising my little alien plants only to be surprised from time to time when a hopeless looking plant just spits out a spike like that with no warning. I do get weeks of enjoyment with others that produce regularly and for some reason I have good luck with the white Phalaenopsis and this speckled Oncidium shoots out a spike from time to time as well. I worked at a foral design shop that created the most amazing floral events and adopted many of my orchids that would've otherwise been discarded and have since fallen in love with them and then I read
The Orchid Thief and was further fascinated with the amazing history of those who search the globe to find them.
I am due for a couple new orchid purchases and I did see some lovely ones at Trader Joes! I will wait until Tim moves in and then I will bring some more little babies home to be licked, err loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home