Thursday, May 26, 2005


This is DC the Hollywood cat. (He really should've been an actor! ) He's a 12 year old rescue. He is hearing impaired (DC stands for deaf cat) but that has in no way affected his ability to meow like a banshee, (yes my neighbors have come by and asked if I had a baby in my apartment) especially if he thinks he is alone or wants to wake us up for food. DC is quite a character. He is very good natured and enjoys getting vacuumed, blow dried, spun around in circles on his side and held upside down, okay, I might enjoy it most. He always wins over dog people and that is no easy feat. He is on life #7 as he was bitten by a dog in the face, crushing his nose and puncturing the roof of his mouth, almost losing an eye. He was then cut in the Northridge earthquake the next year, thus earning the nickname Scarface. I know this will sound a bit crazy to some but I am researching a connection to have the 50lbs of fur (has to be) that he sheds each year, spun into the softest, fuzziest and whitest yarn known to man. I will then make a replica of him. Haha, now that is crazy. I'm thinking I would have to make a blankie for his little sister Dexi for when he is gone to kitty heaven. Hopefully not for years and years.
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you have entered the land of many furballs, you can never go back. 20 years from now you will still be finding DC fur on you clothes, in your eyelashes, in your food,(sorry in advance)knit into every project that you ever make. I told you he should be a good movie star cuz he insists that you never forget him!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home